School of Theology
Why School of Theology?
The School of Theology (SOT) at TCA College is committed to preparing leaders for Christian ministry. Since its inception in 1979, hundreds of students have graduated from the School and continue to fulfill God’s call in their lives to be leaders within their own spheres of influence.
Our programs, which have been accredited with Asia Theological Association since 1993, provide students a sound grounding in theology as well as practical ministry skills. The School of Theology is also committed to equip and empower students to be critical thinkers and reflexive believers in order to fulfill the missional mandate of the gospel. As a student, you can also enjoy ongoing intellectual and spiritual formation through an active participation in the vibrant student life and interaction with faculty members.
A distinctive feature of the School is its Pentecostal/Charismatic ethos. You will see this ethos in the foreground of every course, all of which hold a strong emphasis on the life and ministry of the Holy Spirit within the church. Though the School is never dogmatic over the application and acceptance of this doctrine, students are always invited to develop a Pentecostal/Charismatic worldview towards ministry.
The School of Theology offers both full-time and part-time programs of study. This provides greater flexibility for students who may be pastors, ministers-in-training, or busy professionals in the marketplace. Courses are delivered face-to-face in a weekly format both in the daytime and in the evenings. Some courses are delivered in an intensive block format over a few days. Selected courses are also delivered in a fully online format.
Who should apply?
- If you are preparing for full time ministry in the local church or the mission field
- If you aim to pursue and achieve a systematic program of study in biblical and theological knowledge
- If you love God and desire to know Him more by delving deeper into His Word
- If you desire to be renewed in your passion and refreshed in your vision for His work
- If you want to see God’s kingdom expand by being further equipped in ministry skills, theological foundations and missions strategies
What are the programs offered?